Many of us know that the human body consists of 50-70% water. The human body needs water to perform activities and functions. Drinking more water is very good for your health. Do you know that there are a few guidelines one should follow while drinking water? These guidelines help us for better health and prevent any ailments due to improper drinking
The way in which you drink water can seriously be a life-changer. These guidelines are prepared according to the Ayurveda. Ayurveda brings us the essential guidelines for drinking water.
Guidelines To Follow While Drinking Water:
- Drinking water while sitting is better than standing.
There is a reason behind this guideline. Drinking water while standing is dangerous because the water directly goes into the digestive system and might damage the walls of it. It also affects the kidneys. It is better to drink water while sitting rather than standing.
- Taking water slowly in sips is good for your health. Avoid gulping down large volumes of water in a single breath. Take a small sip, swallow, breathe and repeat.
- Drinking water throughout the day is better than drinking chugs of water at a time. Taking water in chugs isn’t absorbed all of it by the body.
- Drinking warm water is good for your health. Avoid drinking ice-cold water.
- Drink water only when you feel thirsty. Thirst is a natural urge that should be heeded. When you listen to thirst cues and sip water throughout the day you’ll be drinking the right amount.
- Drink water until you feel satiated. It is a kind of signal from your body to stop drinking.
- Avoid drinking water while eating food. If it is very hard to practice, take a very less amount of water. If you drink too much while you eat, your stomach won’t have enough room for digestive action.